Everyone loves lists! So here are my basic tenets to live in your sales life:
Eight Tenets of Effective Sales
1. Follow your own personal strengths…Don’t swim upstream! Focus on what you do best and build from your strengths, not your weaknesses.
2. Twist on the Golden Rule…Treat your customers the way THEY would enjoy being treated and always do what is in their best interest, not yours!
3. Focus on asking the RIGHT questions and hearing your client’s answers.Which is more important, listening or speaking? Both are equally important. You’ve got to question and probe your client to truly uncover their needs and how your product may solve a problem for them. Follow questioning with EFFECTIVE listening.
4. Understand and take the time to analyze each client individually and customize your presentation for him. Yes, this means you need to understand the four quadrants and the four basic ways people process your sales information. The same presentation will not be effective with every client.
5. WIFM! All your client cares about is: “What’s in it for me?” You have to be speaking in benefits at every point and benefits that are your clients’ priority.
6. “Walk backwards through the snow.” Only remember yourself doing your job the right way. Learn from your mistakes but don’t dwell on them. Re-create those moments of brilliance you know you’ve had!
7. You don’t ask, you don’t get. NO EXCUSES! It amazes how many people every day forget this basic tenet.
8. Keep your sense of priorities. “Don’t sweat the small stuff and remember, it’s all small stuff!” Ah, true wisdom!
Want to know more? Call or email me!